If I had my own film festival, I swear that...
* I wouldn't invite any stars. Fuck the red carpet.
* I wouldn't invite any directors to talk about their work. The work speaks for itself.
* There wouldn't be any parties. That's time I could be watching films.
* I wouldn't program any Canadian films unless I actually liked them. Less Can, more Con.
* All tickets for all screenings would cost five dollars. No galas or special screenings. If it costs five thousand won (five bucks) to see a film at PIFF, why should any one have to pay twenty dollars to see a movie at TIFF?
* There wouldn't be any midnight screenings. I don't want to see another zombie movie as long as I live.
* There would not be something for everyone.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Posted by Michael Sooriyakumaran at 5:57 PM